Re: The Move

Subject: Re: The Move
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:00:56
John,
I may have missed a bit of the discussion and may not be aware of the reasons of
switching to Yahoo, but I'm fully satisfied with
the Avnet system as it runs now and wouldn't see a valid reason to change.
I'm also a member of an other homebuilder group (American Hatz association) and
must say that I greatly prefer the Europa group on
Avnet.

Working for a software group myself (Oracle), I tend to prefer not to change a
well established running system....

Klaus (132)

John Cliff wrote:

> Obviously there has been a strong adverse reaction to my proposed move to
> become
a Yahoo group.

> The central issue seems to be the likelihhod of the member address list being
passed to third parties. The group itself is
> closed-to-members, nobody else can post to it and only text can be posted, no
attachments.

> This (Avnet) List continues and will do so until we ask Avnet to turn it off,
which we are not about to do.

> Does anyone know of a better alternative ?  This should be free, allow
> restriction
to text messages (to choke off viruses) and
> preferably provide a member-accessible file storage area and a usable
> administrator
interface.

> Anyone who has not yet responded to the joining invitation from Yahoo might
> like
to suspend doing so for a day or two.  I am the