[Fwd: Re: Wing Filling]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: Wing Filling]
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 01:20:03
Jim & Heather A185 wrote in part:

> Granted, its a lot quicker on an XS.  Andy spent almost 6 months on his
> Velocity wing, but its huge, has a large windlet and he's picky about
> his work.

There are builders like Andy I hear, but not to worry any Mk 1 bumpy
spar, warped-core, bad rib fillet, cussin' wing finishers remaining
out there, it can be only a few part-days per surface if you work it
efficiently.  In fact, on mine the job included surface quality to
pass the dial indicator test +/- a few thou swiping that handy device
chordwise.  System III Resins UV epoxy primer gives you temporary,
pre-cure gloss that in the settin' sun tells ya what you'll get.
Gorgeous.  That's before their water-reducible-poly white base
coat/clear coat, followed by 2000-grit paper and 3M Perfect-It III
Machine Glaze at $29 a quart.  Real soon now.

Regards,
Fred F., A063