Engine selection

Subject: Engine selection
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 13:53:03
Following up on the thread of a few days ago, I offered up the Stratus Subaru
and
Able VW as options.  Doing a little more research along the VW lines I spoke
with Great Planes, who have 17 years of VW conversion experience - and
everything
to gain from recommending a conversion.

In addition to wondering why Europas use 3 blade less efficient (than two blade
wood) carbon fibre props, he offered the best advice yet (which has been
rattling
in the back of my mind) on engine selection:  The Europa is an expensive
aircraft (from his VW aircraft perspective) and installing anything other than
the factory recommended engine will severely deteriorate the resale value of
the aircraft.

Cleve
A198 Mono XS
Detroit, MI