Hardware problem

Subject: Hardware problem
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 05:31:36

Sorry to clutter the forum with this, but I am in a dead panic.

All three ports on my airborne laptop (Fujitsu Lifebook,which drives the
cockpit display), have stopped receiving.
COM1 is the normal rear Canon socket, COM3 and 4 use a converter in the
PCMCIA socket and have worked fine for a year or more..
All report normal via Device Manager, ie."working properly", "no conflicts".
Baud rates are unchanged etc. Surely they don't multiplexe through a single
UART !?

Ideas welcome, (except 'buy another laptop').  Incidentally does no-one
produce a palmtop which runs normal Windows !

G-EMIN