Re: Trailers

Subject: Re: Trailers
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:59:41

Paddy Clarke said:-
'I plan to keep my monowheel at home and trailer it 3 miles to my local
field every time I want to fly. Is this unrealistic?.'

No. I keep G-BXTD at home in my garage and I trail it on an open trailer
about 10 miles each way to Hucknall to fly. No problem.

'The open trailer would fit diagonally in my garage and this would mean easy
servicing and no condensation problems.'

In order to service the aircraft in your garage you will need to be able to
remove the wings from the trailer and store them safely.

 'I have been put off by reports on this site of it being awkward to load
and unload, and of damage to the plane whilst doing so.'

I do it singlehanded with the aid of a purpose built trolley (loading the
aircraft that is!) and I don't find it awkward, and so far no damage.

'Are there any other points to be considered? I would much appreciate any
thoughts.   Paddy Clarke Builder#404'

The tubular steel frame of my open trailer is showing signs of severe
rusting from the inside, even though garaged from new. The manufacturers
obviously don't take steps to prevent this, -  mores the pity.

Roger Anderson 155.