Trailers

Subject: Trailers
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:32:32
Hi Everyone,
            I have to make some decisions about a trailer. I plan to keep my
monowheel at home and trailer it 3 miles to my local field every time I want
to fly. Is this unrealistic?.
            I have to choose between the Europa type open trailer and one of
the closed box types. The open trailer would fit diagonally in my garage and
this would mean easy servicing and no condensation problems. It would also
be relatively small and easily manoeuvrable, however I have been put off by
reports on this site of it being awkward to load and unload, and of damage
to the plane whilst doing so. Is a closed trailer with a rear door/ramp and
a dolly system any easier? .
            Are there any other points to be considered? I would much
appreciate any thoughts.
            Happy building/flying,
                                                Paddy Clarke Builder#404