RE: Any Unintended Doors Openings in Flight?

Subject: RE: Any Unintended Doors Openings in Flight?
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:55:17
I know of three. None were caused by latch failure.

Providing you  implement the mandatory door latch protection plate and make
it part of the pilot's pre takeoff check to ensure that the door is actually
latched it shouldn't be a problem.

Bob Jacobson's third shoot bolt totally eliminates the pilot problem as the
only way that the door can be latched shut is if all three shoot bolts are
home.

Tony