Jabiru 3300

Subject: Jabiru 3300
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:00:20

OK, Bob Harrison's got me curious about the 3300.  On paper, it seems to
be a push between the 914 installation and the 3300 installation,
although of course the 914's the more "mature" of the two.

I talked to the US Jabiru rep.  Lots of energy, figures, and claims.
Turbo bad, normally aspirated good, better fuel specifics and
power/weight for the Jabiru, etc.. Can the net offer any opinions on the
quality/reliability/advisability of considering this engine for the
Europa - considering that that won't happen for about 2 years?

Thanks,

Shaun