Re: Strobe questions

Subject: Re: Strobe questions
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:53:39
I think Barnaby slipped a decimal point there.   I can't do the math
on the Europa vertical fin/rudder, but I researched and found entire
tails (all 3 surfaces) on light aircraft come in with a D/q of about
.3 sq.ft.  Cylinders are very draggy, but a beacon lens of say .04 sq.
ft. frontal area requires a huge drag coefficient to exceed even .1 in
drag area.

Any aerodynamicists out there to verify this?  Or at least someone who
stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063