water leak

Subject: water leak
From: Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:14:08
My water leak is a perfect example of the value of this forum.

I received a helpful response to my posting of the water leak problem and are
now much wiser.

I was told by our local Rotax agent to remove the engine as it needs to be taken

apart to get at the seal which is behind the water pump and it must be pressed

in and out. The maintainance manual suggests the same.

Roger Sheridan suggested that it was possible to change the seal without
removing the motor and they had it done on ELSA.

It is and I have done it!

If anyone in the future has a problem with this seal please contact me for
instructions.

Best regards

Barry Tennant
P.S. - Rotax have changed the design of the seal to a much better unit with 2 x

ceramic sealing faces. Apparently they changed it because of the number of
incidences of leaks.