Re: Stiff Choke Cable on 914

Subject: Re: Stiff Choke Cable on 914
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:38:15
Hi, all --

How stiff is the choke cable pair on the Rotax 914
(912, I guess too) supposed to be?  I just
installed them, and I can't close the chokes
easily at all.  It's not the cables.  Although
they're way too long and can't be shortened, the
resulting circuitous routing still leaves them
free to move, and in fact if I wrestle the chokes
half-open, those really stiff springs on the carbs
pulls the knob back in.

Why they use flexible, stranded cable is beyond
me.  The stiff wire variety I'll bet would work
fine, as less aggressive springs would then do.  I
know about the tight bend in the brass "tunnel" on
the carbs; that can be corrected.

But before I go jury-rigging, has anyone had
similar experience?

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063, N3EU