Seat belt mystery solved

Subject: Seat belt mystery solved
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:17:57
Hi all.

Thanks to everyone that answered my question about a recommendation for seat
belts.  After receiving numerous replies telling me that they came with the
kit I checked the packing list and sure enough it stated "not required".

I thought that this might be because we are "down under" and we won't fall
out of the airplane, unlike our counter parts in the northern hemisphere.
Given that I have now moved to the northern hemisphere I assumed that I
would need them as well.

Apparently the answer is much simpler than that.  The aviation authority in
Australia will not accept the belts supplied by Europa unless it is built as
an experimental, so Europa stopped shipping them.

I am back to my original question, looking for a recommendation.  I would be
interested if any of the Aussie's on this email list know what is being used
in Australia.  Any recommendations in general would be appreciated.

Regards,  Paul (363)