Weekend fodder...

Subject: Weekend fodder...
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:05:12
Cheers:
        I want to align the cockpit module (SX) with the a/c longitudinal datum
for various reasons. I know there are datum refs on the 'canoe' but have
not yet married the two.
        The shelf between the headrests seems an ideal and is within 0.1deg of
the lateral datum through the wingspar pin centres. However, there does
not appear to be any ref. to the lateral datum for the aircraft (and of
course the sides were routed out and are no longer referable).
        There is a reference in the manual to separating the opening of the
fuel tank slot by 12.7in. or 3232mm. When this is done, the shelf
APPEARS to be 1.0deg more "nose-up" than extended bolts through the
wingspar holes. Any suggestions for establishing a longitudinal datum on
the uninstalled cockpit?
Happy Landings,
Ferg