Re: Fuel Pressure Gauge

Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Gauge
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:07:15
>I've finally powered up my panel again after fitting a fuel pressure gauge.
>I switched on the electric pump and the needle didn't move ... this can mean
>one of two things. a) the electric pump doesn't produce a measurable pressure
>b) I have a problem with my wiring.

You should see about 0.2 bar or 2+ psi. This is the minimum required to
push enough fuel through the carb float valve. The old pump was a bit
marginal in this respect when a vapour bleed back is fitted. (Essential
IMHO) If the bleed back restrictor is too big, this will reduce the fuel
pressure. Note, this does not apply to the 914 which must NOT have a
restrictor.

Graham

Congratulations. May your new life be long and happy.