Re: Fuel tank & systems

Subject: Re: Fuel tank & systems
From: Rob Housman <robhousman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 09:53:11
I recommend you contact the factory to get the fuel drain kit; it is
complete with all parts required (and instructions, of course).
Installation is straightforward, but I do agree that the drains seem to be
above the lowest point in the tank; my fuselage is still not on its landing
gear so I may be wrong in this assessment.

The manual is outdated in re: conditioning the fuel tank.  The material has
been changed and it no longer requires pretreatment.  This is the advice I
received from Europa Florida when I posed a similar question

Because my Stage I kit was for the classic and I subsequently ordered the XS
fuselage before the XS wings (because the wink kit was not ready when I
was), I know from bitter experience that you can not rely on the dummy spar
to make everything fit correctly.  In my case my fuel tank sits slightly too
low in the fuselage to clear the spars; this requires removal and
replacement of the upper epoxy-glass tapes to provide clearance, which I
have yet to do (note that it actually these tapes that fail to clear, not
the tank itself).

The factory inadvertently supplied a dummy spar in two separate shipments;
the two spars had slightly different spacing of the spar pin holes.  I have
yet to make a trial fit of the wings so I do not know if the different
spacing  in the dummy spars matters, or if I chose the right one if it does
matter.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070