Re: Weight and balance

Subject: Re: Weight and balance
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:10:57
<<<<<<<Wrong!! Ours is a Classic fitted with a 912 and we had to fit the
battery in the luggage bay. (We are not alone in having to do this, and
maybe a result of building the tail end light???).>>>>>>>>

Hi All,
I am planning to use the Classic engine installation of the 912S. I have done
the baggage bay mod and the tail wheel mod. Only after I built a fancy
battery box under the baggage shelf (at the end of the new Europa wiring
harness I won at Sun N Fun) did I think about the engine not sitting as far
forward as the XS one does. So I called the factory. Bob said to be very
careful or I'd end up too heavy in the tail. He said the battery should go on
the firewall for the classic engine location. I prefer the look of the old
cowlings. But now after reading this thread I'm not going to cut out the
battery box.
Troy Maynor