Re: Flying: Prop

Subject: Re: Flying: Prop
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:17:12

In the Europa world we tend to specify pitch at the tip, however if there
is any doubt I like to check that pitch on all three blades is equal at 75%
radius. If it isn't there will be unbalanceable vibration, which will cause
wear and tear, bits coming loose and falling off, discomfort and other
unacceptable things to spoil the pleasure our Europas are capable of
delivering.
Remember also that the engine mount rubbers are too tight. Add 4mm to the
length of the spacers and your Europa will be as smooth and quiet as ours.
{{?:-)>

Graham