Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:21:28

> Sometimes my electric fuel pump although "chattering happily"appears to be
> incapable of self priming.=A0 If the engine is cranked (and the mechanical
pump
> is used) for a few seconds the electric pump=A0 then primes and thereon
> maintains pressure unaided.=A0

Not heard of this one before. The only guess I could make would be dust in the
pump. I did test a Facet pump to see what height it would self prime and
achieved about 4 feet. Only other thing that would stop it would be back
pressure. If the carb was full the system wouldn't accept any fresh fuel so it
would not then self prime. Could that be the answer?

Graham