Door Fit

Subject: Door Fit
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:34:55
Hopefully someone has a good idea I can steal to help get my doors to fit
better.

I have the doors and latches on and all works well.  The doors fit perfectly
except on the passenger side it bows out slightly in the center bottom
leaving a gap of about 1/4"  (oops 8mm!!).  I can easily push the door in
and it fits fine but I have been trying to come up with a latch or something
that holds it there.

I have seen the factory Europa here in the US and they installed a little
pin that sticks down into a hole in the frame - but I found it hard to get
the door to shut correctly.  I want something better.

Ideas Anyone?

Bob Jacobsen
Seattle, WA
#A131