Re: Trailer Questions

Subject: Re: Trailer Questions
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:56:16
In a message dated 08/10/99 08:25:00 Greenwich Standard Time,
grasingleton@avnet.co.uk writes:

<< the fuse bounces on it's own suspension high enough on occasion to allow
it to roll sideways  >>

There is are even worse scenarios !

1)The main wheel bounces out of the channel !

Long ago I added padded wooden blocks to fill the space between the fuselage
and the wing supports. These can be shaped to go above the W27 sockets but I
would hesitate to  transfer any load to them by having them in contact with
the blocks, or putting pins through.  Strapping down is definitely the
answer, including outrigger mounts to lower chassis members, and outriggers
wheels one to tother over the top.

2) The hinge of  the wing support fractures and it parts company, complete
with wing !
Suggest you weld strengthening  plates onto the hinges before this bites.

Graham C G-EMIN