RE: Setting my Aileron balance

Subject: RE: Setting my Aileron balance
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 23:34:14
Hi! John. The trouble with the e-mail system is that it gives people the
idea that whoever  answers a query is an 'authority' on the subject and
that is not the case ! However the 'book' says how to effect the balance, I
can't see how the push rods can affect the balance , the purpose of the
MASS BALANCE WEIGHT is to give the whole aileron an equal and opposite
weight about the hinge pivot  and so eliminate the tendency to flutter much
the same effect that balance weights attached to stay cables on a
suspension bridge .give Andy Draper a call for more technical advise.By the
way you do the balancing prior to fixing to the wing, by hanging the
aileron up by pieces of wire through the hinge holes, the whole thing then
needs to be horizontal through the chord line  with the hinge leaf being
vertical.
Regards Bob H 337 G-PTAG