$5 a call?

Subject: $5 a call?
From: kim prout <kpav@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 07:24:28
OK...I'm not sure where this rumor is all coming from but let me set the
record straight right now!
Yes, this is KP...
I have never charged a Europa customer anything for any phone calls made to
me or returned to the customer for technical support involving many hours on
the phone or in person, in spite of the fact I receive no company subsidies
(other than a sales commission) to support KP Aviation. Everything I do is
out of pocket regarding N111EU, the developments, modifications, fuel, etc.
I cannot afford to "give airplane rides" at just $50, which is what that
encourages.  I have indeed started asking $100 for an introduction to Europa
which includes a demo flight of shared expenses and considerable time with a
potential customer to answer the usual myriad of questions. (figure your
expenses with personal time involved and you'll see what I mean).  Who is
going to pitch in when it comes time for an engine overhaul or associated
maintenance and repairs? ME and only ME is what it gets down to...
Regarding any timeliness issues: I asked interested persons to please be
patient awaiting demo flights during the months of July and Aug when I was
installing a new constant speed propeller as I wanted to make absolutely
certain of operational safety (safety is my business as a Fire Captain). I
am now satisfied that the installation is successful operationally
(outstanding performance increase) and safe.
Anyway, I want to thank the ongoing support of our California builders and
Europa Squadron #1 for encouragement and faith in what I do and what Europa
has developed. BTW the next Squadron meeting is Aug 29 from 1-4P at EAA
chapter 448, Cable Airport, Upland, CA (CCB). Maybe see you there!
Happy Skies!
kp