Door locks.

Subject: Door locks.
From: Roger Anderson <PRAnderson@dcanderson.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:44:59

Javier,
I have mounted cylinder locks (available from Maplins at about =A31.50p. each)
centrally beneath the bottom edge of the door frame. These have a flange which
the key rotates through a right angle. I cut a slots in both the frame and the
door to accommodate the flange when in the upright position. I cut a slot in
the flange level with the bottom of the door in the closed position and then
bonded a small piece of thin stainless steel on to the bottom of the door for
the slot in the flange to engage in, with a couple of pop rivets for added
strength.
The flange is out of sight and out of the way when the door is unlocked.
It seems to work well and has been approved by the P.F.A.subject to inspector
approval.
Roger Anderson. Builder 155.