Re: Head set background noise

Subject: Re: Head set background noise
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:24:50

>Sounds likely, but there are no switches in my models ( 7004 & 7006 ). I did
>think of turning the mic gain down on the radio, but this would probably
>upset the David Clarks, which are used by my partners. Maybe a matching
>transformer is called for, but I would of thought modern kit like this
>wouldn't need it.
>
>Jim

You might try inserting a resistance in the mike circuit. Use a variable
pot and adjust for best results then measure and replace with a fixed
resistor. I had to do this to match my RST headset to a partners David Clamp.
It's time the intercom designers got there act organised and provided
individual input circuits, with separate squelch too. Mad to have both
mikes at high gain every time someone speaks. Doubles the noise.

Graham