Re: Substitute filler

Subject: Re: Substitute filler
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:24:47

    My colleagues and I are at the end of constructing the first stage of an xs
model, and were thinking of using the superfill filler produced by Polyfibre,
as opposed to the standard filler supplied by the factory. We saw it at the
Cranfield PFA rally and it seemed pretty impressive. Does anyone have
experience
of the system, or hold  views on substituting the material?
 It is marvellous stuff to use. Not cheap but does the job beautifully. Jon
Goldenbaum
of Polyfiber gave a very impressive demonstration of filling a Europa
wing a Cranfield and had most of the work done on one side in two days. I
managed
to fill, profile and sand a stabilator side in three hours work with Superfil.
Their primer and top coat are great to work with as well.

Tony