Re: Main Wheel Tire??

Subject: Re: Main Wheel Tire??
From: Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:52:16
JohnJMoran@aol.com schrieb:
> The main wheel tire supplied is a Carlisle "Turf Glide".  When it was mounted

> originally, the tire sidewall contacted the inside of the aluminum swing arm

> as it rotated.  The Florida office suggested reversing the tire on the rim to

> see if this would eliminate the contact.  This did fix it but the clearance
> remained very small, perhaps 20 mils. Over a year has now gone by (!) and in

> moving the fuselage about in preparation for painting it was noted that the
> tire again touches the aluminum arm as it rotates.
>
> Have others encountered this problem?  Is there any way to fix it other than

> replacing the tire?
>

> John      A044                     Newtown, CT

Hi John

The solution is simple - Throw the existing tyre as far away as you can and buy

an Macreary Airtrac of the same size, preferably 6 ply (stiffer).

It also does not bounce so much on landing. I am using about 20 psi pressure at

the moment as the recomended 18 psi of Europa does seem to contribute to the
bounce effect. I will be trying higher pressure also and will let you know the

result.

Best regards

Barry tennant

P.S as anyone got any input on tyre pressure as it seems to make a difference to

bounce factor.