Lift Pins

Subject: Lift Pins
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:56:11
Hi Again,
I am about to start the dreaded task of lift pins and wing incident setup. I
have two concerns. The first; how can I be absolutely sure I'm drilling the
holes for the pins straight? I know what the book shows but has anyone found
a more precise way than the MK-I calibrated eyeball?
 The second and more serious concern involves the rear attach hard points for
the lift pin sockets. They are too far aft by an amount that puts the center
of the socket dead even with the forward edge of the hardpoint. And the
forward edge of the hard point is even with the aft edge of the cockpit
module/fuselage bond line. I called Lakeland and was told that a few early
moldings were sent out that way and suggested adding an adjacent piece of
aluminum to it. This puts the added piece dead on the seam where the CM was
bonded to the fuselage. What is the best way to extend this plate forward
about an inch and half or so?

Troy Maynor-120