Anodizing

Subject: Anodizing
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:34:56
Hi All,
I was contemplating the best way to coat the exposed aluminum pieces on the
aircraft. Particularly the LG02 swing arm and the flaps and outrigger parts.
I couldn't find the previous discussion of this. So, what about anodizing? I
was wondering what, if any, problems this could create. Like, making the
metal too brittle, or causing a poor fit of the other attached parts. Do most
people simply prime and paint the LG02 or leave it bear? The desired result I
was wanting was a durable white finish that couldn't be rubbed off by the
transporter or other normal wear and tear over the years.  Having never seen
a Europa on the transporter; does the swing arm have to contact the sides of
the transporter "wheel cradle"?  I assume this is what keeps the plane from
tipping over on the transporter.  Also there are varying degrees of anodized
finishes. Type I being the least protected and Type III being the best or at
least the hardest. Will the "metallurgists" in the audience please stand up?
Troy Maynor