XS brake calliper(Ref. Mike Parkin)

Subject: XS brake calliper(Ref. Mike Parkin)
From: J Ron Jones <jronjones@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:11:13
Just a quick follow-up to my piece a couple of days ago on this subject.
I had found, of course, that with the calliper set at 90 degrees to the
swinging arm I could retract the wheel fully (i.e, until the front face of
the said swinging arm was flush with the underside of the fuse.) but it left
it hanging in the breeze when retracted and too near the ground when down.
When the calliper was set at the 30 degree position, it hit my cable guide
and after removing the guide, the calliper hit the side, high up, of the
tunnel and there was no way that I could route the rudder cable to miss that
bl...y calliper !
Yesterday I rotated the calliper to put it in line with the arm and BINGO  -
the wheel retracts fully and there is no conflict with anything in the bay.
I have now drilled fresh holes in the torque plate and bolted the whole
thing up and am quite chuffed with it ! As I said in my last note, the
factory XS demo has it's brake in this position.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Ron Jones (359)