Winter Layups

Subject: Winter Layups
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:01:01
Gidday,
I am considering doing layups throughout winter using an airconditioner to
supplement the heat and would like to request if anyone thinks this
inadvisable due to the hydroscopic nature of the resin and cloth. I intend
to do the flap skins and the leading edge of the wings (Classic Mk I ). I
figure if I do it on a dry winter day with a relative humidity of less than
60% in the workshop, the risk lies in the fact that the airconditioner will
pass numerous airchanges over  the job throughout the cure, and I will be
using the SP Systems Slow Hardener for mixing. You Northern Hemisphere
fellas are probably used to doing layups in winter, and may easily be able
to allay my fears (I hope so). I havent seen a job that has absorbed a lot
of moisture but I seem to remember it looks a bit milky when it has gone
off. Is this correct????
The main problem seems to be having to run the airconditioner throughout
the entire cure 24-36 hours to ensure adaquate heat to maintain the
chemical reaction. In winter downunder the temps in my workshop reach about
10-12 degrees C without supplemental heat.
Any advice would be appreciated, as I do not want to find excuses to kill
my resurected enthusiasm.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236