Re: Cockpit Module Ripples

Subject: Re: Cockpit Module Ripples
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:55:01

>Hello everyone,
>

>I was trimming my cockpit module last night and I noticed that there were
>some ripples in the fibreglass on certain points on the outside surface.
>
>One of them is quite high, maybe 1/8 of an inch running along one of the
>corners on the side of the module, while the others were smaller on the
>bottom.  Both would require a great deal of Redux to eliminate all air
>bubbles.

The view that I've taken is leave the ones on the flange within an inch of a
corner (ie almost all of the way around) and sand through the ones on "flat"
sections -primarily on the seat front to fuel bay pieces- and put a layer of
bid over them when installed.

It does also appear to be very important to properly support the fuselage
and positively hold it in alignment and shape up to the point the top is
bonded on (over the horizon at the moment....)

Miles