Re: Instrument Panel & Other.....

Subject: Re: Instrument Panel & Other.....
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 22:20:39
Hi, Tony --

Can take a crack at two of your questions --

<< Has anyone found a good location for an ELT aerial and associated ground
 plain? ELT's are mandatory in NZ.

I'm planning on using copper-tape dipole, on the inside of the fuselage, just
aft of the rear cabin bulkhead, oriented vertically of course.  Dipole
requires no ground plane. Best location for an ELT antenna is where it will
survive an impact with terrain. If that area doesn't survive intact, I figure
I didn't either.

>> Does anyone know of a source of 5/16" (8mm) hose bulkhead fittings. All I
 seem to be able to find here is 1/4" (6mm) or 3/8" (10mm). I need to
 terminate the hoses at the firewall into a bulkhead fitting as the Canadians
do.>>

Had trouble too, 'til I wandered into an auto parts store to get stuff for the
truck.  Here at least, some auto parts places have bins of brass tube
fittings, and 5/16" are automotive items (e.g. fuel hose).

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063