912 exhaust

Subject: 912 exhaust
From: andrew.robinson@barco.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:02:33

[Peter said]
I'll add:

        An old trick, and a good one.  Before you shell out the big
bucks for
the jig, use your drill press table vise to hold a nut with the flat
straight up.  Center punch the spot where you want the oblique hole to
start, now drill a very small pilot hole partway into the flat, going
straight in.

        This gives you a good starting point for the final oblique hole
between
two flats--just reposition your nut in the vise and have at it.

I urge *extreme* caution to any members having at it with their nuts in
a vice.
Sounds dangerous (and painful) to me....

;-)
Andrew