Re: Confused in Pitotville

Subject: Re: Confused in Pitotville
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:33:04
>> Relying on feel has likely saved me on IFR flights when the pitot has
iced up but good, so
inaccuracy doesn't bother me that much. <<

Me too, I once goofed though, flying a glass glider in a valley, high
workload horizon above me, not much height. The glider spun at 300 feet
above ground. Recovered about 6 feet but with some rudder still on and
dropped the other wing. Expensive but not fatal. Made me monitor airspeed a
bit more closely in future.

Fortunately I used to practice spins as a penance, hated it but recovery
was instinctive.

Graham