Re: Semina/filling/BMW

Subject: Re: Semina/filling/BMW
From: Thom Besch <bescht@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:38:06

---BRYNALL@aol.com wrote:
>         On the Saturday afternoon we had a presentation be the three
gentlemen who
> are attempting to complete the gearbox/engine development. They were
clearly
> frustrated, and probably under resourced. They felt that the product
was good
> , but they were unable to carry out statutory flight tests, because
they had
> no airframe available. Result,- project stopped!
>         On the Sunday morning a presentation was made on behalf of Europa
Aviation by
> their managing Director. Adam.  Unfortunately his intentions to
bring us up to
> date with the latest corporate plans were overtaken by questioning
about the
> BMW saga. It became clear that Europa have no intentions to support
the
> development further, nor were they even considering allowing one of
their
> planes being released for any BMW testing. Clearly, their attitude
is, if
> anyone wants to have their engine/gearbox  approved for use in the
Europa, it
> is up to them to finance the testing. They seem to be satisfied that
the Rotax
> range is OK.
>
> Happy landings.....Bryan Allsop....UK 360

Bryan,
     Would you happen to have the name and a phone number of any of
those three gentlemen that provided the BMW update?  I'm in Virginia,
near Washington DC, and I have a BMW engine that I have been designing
a redrive for.  However, in an effort to complete my Avid Flyer
faster, I am looking for a completed redrive by anyone else.  I would
appreciate any comments anyone might have about the design those
gentlemen presented.
Thank you.
      Thom Besch
       bescht@yahoo.com