Plastic Sheeting

Subject: Plastic Sheeting
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 22:00:41
Plastic Sheeting

When doing layups where bid tapes are required it was recommended (I think
by Graham Singleton) that you firstly make up your tapes on plastic
sheeting first, then apply the layup. This helps the bid (which has a mind
of its own dry ) to hold together and allows you to put it just where you
want it. What a great idea!

Up to now I've been using cling film (Reynolds Wrap over here) but its
suddenly dawned on me (ding!) to use black plastic bin liner material.

Its a little thicker, more managable, you can see that you are properly wet
out and you can see what you are doing when cutting them the same width as
the bid tapes. You won't leave any behind on the part either.

I am sure that this has been obvious to everyone else - but just thought
I'd mention it just in case.

Anyone else notice the subtle change to Europa Aircraft Company? - they
even answer the phone with it now. New logo and advertising motto to boot.
New web site didn't seem to work for me this evening though.

Regards

Martin Tuck
N152MT
Wichita, Kansas