Re: More questions ??

Subject: Re: More questions ??
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:02:36
>> My concern  is that air could pass through this opening from the tunnel
perhaps bringing in CO
while also freezing my feet; are these valid concerns or is the flow out
from
the cockpit to the tunnel?<<

Sorry John, I was a bit criptic. Air will pass from tunnel to cockpit. It
occasionally does in G-KWIP at very low speeds, ie stalls with moderate
power, we can smell the exhaust fumes.Our firewall is moulded phenolic,
with no holes and is in front of the rudder pedal tubes. The air and fumes
comes round the undercarriage and in through the various slots. Including
the flap cross tube slots. If the cockpit fresh air vents are open this
helps stop the smoke coming in. It is only a problem when practicing stalls
etc. and during the last part of the landing.
I can sell you a firewall like ours for GBPounds 70.+ postage.
The ventilation system is ripe for a bit of clever developement. No need to
freeze, there's plenty of hot water about. Air temp in back of the radiator
is up to 75 deg C.

Graham