Re: new tailwheel

Subject: Re: new tailwheel
From: RonSwinden <RonSwinden@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 12:54:57
In a message dated 03/12/97  10:25:19, you write:

<< The dirty great side load will come anyway when you land with a bit of
 drift on. With my installation, cables alongside the arm, if the stop broke
 and the wheel went full 180 degrees, both cables would be on the same side
 of the arm. No way to get them untangled without climbing out. >>

Graham S
When you come in with drift on, the wheel , because of the springs, will line
up in the direction of travel. When you back onto it  it has nowhere to go I
think so I still think that the reversing  jammed load is still likely to be
greater than most?? landing loads???. Ron No33