Re: new tailwheel

Subject: Re: new tailwheel
From: Dr. Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:26:35
Tony/other Europa builders who "have been there":

Could you or any other builder who has already experienced
hardship or success please explain what products EXACTLY you
used?

In Aircraft Spruce catalog I find West Systems 410 Microlight Filler,
but at a very high price of about $167.50 per 3 lbs. It THIS the
stuff to use??

Or is it mixing the filler powder supplied by Europa Aviation (white
stuff, NOT the micro, of course) and I would have to purchase the
following product:West System Epoxy.

In the Aircraft Spruce catalog there are also a great variety of
hardeners and types or resin. Which combination is the best to mix
with the filler supplied by Europa?

Further: Any need to add 20% C.Silica or else to help the
spreadibility of the mix and ease off pin holes?????

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AS I DON'T LIKE TO USE SP AMPREG-20 IF THIS
STUFF IS TOO HARD TO WORK WITH.

All input welcome.

Thanks,

Christoph Both #223, Wolfville, Halifax, Nova Scotia,  Canada

Date:          Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:33:21 +1300 From:
Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz> Subject:       Re:
europa@avnet.co.uk

> PS to Tony  the wing filling is not as bad as you seem to think the stuff
on it in the mag covered it faily well I think though I would hesitate before
using Gemin's ski sander even if the consequence brought a fair crop of sweat
to my brow.

It should also be made easier by the fact that, in common with several other
NZ builders I am going to use West System epoxy for the filling. I asked SP
in Auckland if they recommended Ampreg 20 for the finishing and their comment
was "only if you enjoy tough sanding". There suggestion was to use one of
their other resins but I wasn't happy with a 10 minute work time!

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321