Tailplane Closeouts Tips??

Subject: Tailplane Closeouts Tips??
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 16:19:50
Gidday again,
Just a quick note to someone who might have had a bit of trouble with this
closeout, especially at the leading edge of the root. Is there a trick to
getting the BID into this area where everything seems to meet? It has been
suggested to bunch up the cloth and feed it in then work the sides forward
toward the tip, eventually it should all flatten up the flange without
complication.I am  wondering if this nose/root closeout problem others have
coped with first, as they apply the next ply, or last? I suppose if you do
the hardest area first and it turns into a "can of worms" you can rip it out
and start again, but if you've started from the trailing edge end of the
root closeout, around the TP6 bush etc, it could be interesting what
expletives you invent!! I am toying with doing this by myself which may also
be tempting fate. Has anyone done this layup by themselves, and if so how
did you feed the cloth into the job ahead of yourself  i.e. what did you do
with the folded/rolled ply not yet applied to the job as you wetted out and
worked the cloth in the closeout?
Thanks in anticipation
Reg
Tony Renshaw