Re: Can you help me with some tips about using BONDO?

Subject: Re: Can you help me with some tips about using BONDO?
From: Steve G. <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 03:00:58

Cloudsfire@aol.com wrote:

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I was looking on the internet about using BONDO when I came across your web
> page.  Seeing that I clould E-Mail you if I had any questions or problems.
>  The problem is I am using BONDO Plastic Body Filler to fix a few dents in my
> truck and it has been about two months now and I am seeing that the BONDO is
> cracking and chipping.  My question is "Do you know anything I can do or add
> something to prevent this from happening?"  I would be very thankful if you
> could help me out!  Thank You for your time.

Cloudsfire,

As a well rounded group of aircraft enthusiasts/builders I'm sure many of this
group's members will be delighted to assist you with your dilemma.  However,
some
will need some more information before they can accurately assess your problem
and arrive at a suitable response.
For instance, is your truck kept inside, or outside, exposed to direct sunlight
or shade?  Have you had this problem with previous applications of Bondo?  How
often do you drive your truck?  Do you operate it mainly from rough strips or
smooth surfaces?  At what speeds do you cruise, over or under 150 knots?  At
what
altitudes do you operate, low, medium or the higher Flight Levels?  Did you
notice the cracking before or after a trip?  If before, did you decide to "press
on" and hope the problem wouldn't get any worse?  If after, do you remember any
turbulence or heavy/freezing precipitation that may have formed on the truck
during the trip?

These are some of the things that may be useful to narrow down what may be
causing the failure of your field repair.

Sincerely,

Steve G.