RSA rally at Epinal

Subject: RSA rally at Epinal
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:58:18
Anyone going to Epinal? car or plane with a spare seat? I find myself without a
permited airplane this weekend {{:-(
Quite right, bad timing ?management. Long EZ just getting it's new engine, GK
Whip waiting for the new tailwheel so that Dave Elliot has half a chance of
keeping her straight on the ground. He has a pair of much abused 63 year old
ankles.

BTW I now find it relatively easy to put Kwip (or G'DAYS) on the ground, where
want her, regardless.
Note! G'Days with new tyres is more tricky on tarmac than Kwip.

Swopped a ride yesterday. !/2 an hour in G'days as flight observer, stalls, go
rounds etc. (permit test) for 3 hours in the jump seat of a Short Shed with 2
1/2 tons of freight in the back and the loss of  a night's sleep. Could I keep
those bugs in the middle! Just about, after half an hour.?!:-( I haven't flown
instruments for years and never seen an HSI before)
Thadeus !L"*&%cz (Polish) Shed captain, is dead keen to fly more Europas and I
think would be a super addition to the too short list of checkout pilots. He is
one of those few who just loves instructing for the buzz of giving pleasure to
those of us who have to fly, for some strange reason. Thad can FLY, loves it and
is gentle enough to be able to teach it well. Even better he is a fantastic Blue
Grass guitarist.

Lives N Leicester.

Graham