Re: Models

Subject: Re: Models
From: Jac.Vanheeswijk <Jac.Vanheeswijk@net.HCC.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:36:06
Steven A Eberhart wrote:

> I am working on a 40% scale model Europa to be powered by a Zenoah 62cc
> engine.  If interrest is sufficient (HINT HINT ;-)) I could do a desk
> size display model out of fiberglass.  I don't have a clue what the cost
> would be but I would enjoy a project like this.  I have been building
> models since the 1950's and for the past 20 years or so have been
> building them out of fiberglass and foam, much like the actual Europa.
>
> Possibilities include paint schemes and registration details to order.
> As I am writing this I have just about convinced myself to tackle this
> project.  Will work up the templates this weekend and start the plugs
> next week.  Will keep you all advised of the progress.
>
> When appropriate, I will put details on my Aero Computer home page
> http://www.evansville.net/~newtech
>
> Well, this post has gone from a simple response to a pre-announcement of
> a new business venture.  No one can accuse me of being slow to react :-)
>
> Steve Eberhart
> newtech@newtech.com.
>
> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Bampfylde John (NZ-WGTN-PIC) wrote:
>

> > Has anyone produced a nifty scale (1:24, 1:48?) model of the Europa to sit
> > on a desktop and spur the imagination, forcing awed passers by to ask what
> > it is?
> >
> > I reckon there would be market for at least 420 (ie every builder), and what
> > price would us builders put on a model that provides such an easy way of
> > looking so cool/rich/technically competent?
> >
> > Ivan could use it as a demo- if you can join the wings on properly first
> > time you can consider yourself skilled enough to build the real thing.
> >
> > The big question, however, is "Can it be assembled in five minutes?"
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John Bampfylde, #130

Steve, this is a great idea. Though not building actualy, but with very severe
plans to
start within a year, I will be your first customer, be it only to put your model
on my
desk, right in sight of me, and to kick myself up every time I look at it. Stay
in
touch!

Jack van Heeswijk - The Netherlands - jac.vanheeswijk@net.hcc.nl