Re: Fitting the instrument module

Subject: Re: Fitting the instrument module
From: europa aviation ltd <enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:11:28

>>I am afraid you mustn't interrupt the forward lift pin stiffener.
>
>I'm surprised at that, as the innards are only foam. I was  envisaging a tube
>solidly embedded in it, without interrupting the glassing except at the entry
>and exit holes in the narrow sides where it would be coned onto to the tube.
>Difficult to stress that no doubt.

A solidly embedded tube through the core material of the forward lift pin
stiffener would be O.K.

I envisaged, from your request, that you would be removing material from the
shear webs of the top hat section, and simply runnung wires through, which
wouldn't be too good.  You may be surprised at the contribution that the
foam gives to the structure.  Not difficult to stress with all the necessary
information.

Regards

Andy
Web Site at www.europa-aviation.co.uk