Re: Re: Ambiguities????

Subject: Re: Re: Ambiguities????
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 01:09:13
 I feel this puts me in quite a
> dilemna, as my Overseeing/Statutory Authority will not let me do other than
> what is in the manual, and such a divergence would be considered more than
> as described in the manual as "slightly deeper".

When is OZ going to join the real world and implement an EAA style
approvals system as we have in NZ. At least we have to choice of
deciding what we want to do to our planes and gives us the freedom to
surround ourselves with experts we can freely call on for advices. It
also gives us the choice of "improving" on the basic design if we so
desire thus advancing aviation technology.

This attitude can be shown to the extreme. When Boeing and Cathay
Pacific were doing test flights of the 777 to New Zealand with Rolls
Royce jets you could see, clearly visible over the front passenger
port side door, the word "EXPERIMENTAL" in letters no less than 50mm
high.

Oops, sorry, forgot this wan't a chat line. I agree, a longer bolt
would seem to  be a much better answer.

Of course in the US and NZ we can simply substitute the one supplied if we
desire
:-)

Tony

27 celcius, 88 % humidity. No epoxy work today :-(