Re: Titanium U/C Frame

Subject: Re: Titanium U/C Frame
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 19:42:45
>> Armed  with his trusty slide rule, he can check up on the Doctor's work!<<

I thought "slip stick" was the approved translation of slide rule. Before
calculators, and decimal currency in UK, I used to convert Ls shillings and
pence to decimal, work out the invoice value on the slip stick, then reconvert
to LSD. Not that long ago either.No wonder Britain is still wondering why the
world left it behind. On the other hand (OTH) I'm not sure the world is any
better off. Apart from the weather.
Graham