Re: Where to keep the Europa??

Subject: Re: Where to keep the Europa??
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 08:37:42
At 14:00 28/11/96 GMT, you wrote:

From:     Chris Cornish
Kit number 70
>     (with John Hadley, Alan Aubeelack and Richard Marsden)
> In the absence of any further information I feel we
>have the following choices:
>
>1.  Find the best airfield and find a friendly local farmer who will store
>the trailer at a
>     reasonable cost. This will obviously have insurance implications.
>2.  As above but rent a local garage.
>3.  Try and find a private strip of some kind.
>4.  Buy our own airfield - my hopes are raised every Saturday night!

Try combining 1 and 3: put in some legwork (preferably systematically) and
visit farmers in your chosen area, looking for space. In my experience, they
are often very aware of exactly what's going on around the farm -which makes
for excellent security. Shouldn't be any problems with insurance if it's
kept in a secure building.

You might find that he'll be prepared to rent you a strip too or at least
let you use his field after harvest. (Helps if you do a bit of a recce by air)

Don't be put off by those that hate light aircraft, or more likely, light
aircraft noise. Eventually you'll find one that's charmed by the idea.

-and it's fun trying.

Miles