U/C frame

Subject: U/C frame
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 05:12:38
Hi  yesterday we took Carl Patts frame out. We used two heat guns  and two
manifolds formed from old pumbing fittings so that we had heat on all four
tubes at the same time.  The operation was much less painful than  mine we
simply leaned on the old tyre leavers till the top came free and then
leavered out the  bottom tubes.  The redux tends to stay in situ relativley
undamaged  so that gluing the frame back after welding looks like being
fairly staightforward.(We hope)     We used  in all 2 off !/2" X 3/4" x1/2"
tees and eight off 1/2" elbows  and a few bits of 1/2" pipe to join it all
up( 4 offf the elbows were to direct the hot air away from the insides of the
fus' ) all the fittings were out of the scrap box  and were only pushed
together and some may have been 15 mil rather than 1/2" don't know it doesn't
matter.
Do not take any sort of a hitting wepon to the job of freeing the tubes just
put leavers in place with protection on the bulkhead  and push firmly till
the tube is hot enough to come free. It does not reattach in any significant
degree as it cools.  Ron S No 33 n' Carl Patt'