Re: Dangling PTT's

Subject: Re: Dangling PTT's
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 22:11:23
Alan Stewart wrote

>If your sticks are 30mm in diameter and RD's standard PTT switches are best
>situated on the top of the sticks, in the middle of the open end of the
>cylinder, what's the most appropriate method of attachment ?

Ask a nearby friendly person with a small lathe to turn up an
appropriately-sized stepped disc (of SRBP, ali, brass, perspex, or whatever
can be found in the scrap drawer) with a central switch-sized hole. Secure
it into the end of the stick with Loctite (or design a reversable method
involving grub-screws, etc).

I run a Cowells 90 lathe which is quite big enough for this sort of job. At
the risk of getting myself into a production run that I don't really want
to undertake, would you care to send dimensions & other critical
requirements & preferences (in private email or snail-mail if you prefer)
and I'll see what may be practicable. I know of at least one other turner
on this list, but he's busy building an aeroplane already.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...