Re: Re: >>Strobes

Subject: Re: Re: >>Strobes
From: Duncan McFadyean <101234.3202@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:18:54
I was impressed too with the Airworld strobe but came away with unanswered
questions. These were:

What is the output of the strobe? The current draw is only quoted as 2 amps so
the energy of output can`t be that high unless the 2 amps is flowing at the
upper end of the voltage range they quote for the unit (80 volts). In which case
was the display at Cranfield operating at 80v and if operated at 13v will it
appear much less bright.

The unit certainly appeared attractive and at a realistic price; I`m still
trying to get answers to my questions. If anyone else gets them first, then
please post them here.

Rgds Duncan McFadyean